Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Friday, February 6, 2015

The Best Week Ever part 2:
This week has been super tough, but SO great! I know I said that last week was the best week ever, but this week was definitely amazing! To be completely honest, I don't believe in good weeks or bad weeks, or for that matter good days and bad days. For me every week will be a good week and every day will be a great day! Yes there are days and weeks that come with VERY hard challenges and yes they definitely come with discouragement and disappointment, but everyday is a new day. I wake up every morning and think "How lucky am I to be a missionary". How lucky am I to be worthy enough to stand as a representative of Jesus Christ and to wear is His name on my shirt everywhere I go. I know without a doubt that this IS the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and He is always with us, to bear us up in difficult times. In the Book of Mormon it speaks about a prophet named Samuel the Lamanite who preached the gospel to the Nephites in the city of Zarahemla. He preached to them of repentance for many days, but was soon cast out of the city. As Samuel was about to return to his own land, the voice of the Lord spoke to Samuel. In Helaman chapter 13:3 is says " But behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him, that he should return again, and prophesy unto the people whatsoever things should come into his heart." Samuel the Lamanite obeyed the prompting of the Lord and went back to Zarahemla. Because he had already been cast out of the city, he stood fearlessly on the city wall and prophesied unto the Nephites everything that came into his heart from the Lord, all while being mocked, stoned, and persecuted. I want to be like Samuel the Lamanaite. I know that there will be times out in the field when I will be mocked and there will be times when others will deny my testimony of Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of this Gospel, but I WILL NOT feel discouraged. I know that what I will be teaching to the people of Nicaragua is true. When I get doors slammed in my face or someone tries to tell me that my testimony isn't true, I am going to stand on the wall with Samuel the Lamanite. I WILL preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ no matter what because I have faith that my testimony is true. NO ONE can take that away from me. I told this story to my zone this week and told them that we can all be like samuel the Lamanite and stand on the wall with him and preach the gospel no matter what kinds of persecutions get thrown in our faces. The new motto in our Zone now is "Be on the Wall". Stand beside Samuel the Lamanite and speak from the heart and don't EVER let others get you to deny your testimony!

On a lighter note Haha! I LOVE the MTC! I am learning so much spanish and my lessons with Carlos, Maria and SURPRISE....a third investigator named Ayde, are going really well. Spanish os becoming more fliud for me to speak and is really helpful in lessons now! We don't script out lessons as much anymore and just try and speak what we already know! The spirit is stronger in our lessons now because of that! My comp Hermana Humpherys is AMAZING! She has become my best friend! We quote Nacho libre all day long and it's so funny! We are both praying that we get to be comps in the field because we have so much fun together...and...we're both gringas haha! I hope all is well at home. I miss you all so much and I keep you in my prayers everyday! Don't forget...BE ON THE WALL!!

Love Hermana Dickey


No comments:

Post a Comment