Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Wednesday, February 18, 2015



WHOA We're halfway there!!!

Hola familia y amigos!

This week has been yet another great week! Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE being a Missionary...because if not...I DO, I REEEALLY DO (read in the voice of Nacho Libre). My District is so awesome and we are so close now that we have all these little inside jokes and it's so fun to just relax a little bit and have some fun during class. There is always one block during the day when we have class for 5 hours straight and towards the end it can be hard to really focus...so that's when our craziness comes out a little. Usually during our gym time my comp and I work out and then play four square with the rest of our zone for the rest of the time. I have been reigned the four square champ now and EVERYONE goes for Hermana Dickey...it's actually really funny! The other day our district leader Elder Rich, told everyone before gym that whoever can get Hermana Dickey out first gets a candy bar of there choice from him! People are starting to make bets now...it's so funny! Now that I have been here for about 4 weeks my comp and I have 3 investigators that we teach. 2 of them are actually my teachers who are just pretending to be investigators and the other one is an actual investigator. Her name is Maria and she is a really tough person to teach. We have been teaching her for about 3 weeks now and we just found out in our lesson yesterday that this whole time she has been lieing to us about reading the BOM and doesn't really believe that it's true and doesn't believe that God actually exists...ummm...WHAT DO I DO WITH THAT!!! This whole time we thought she was progressing so we have been progressing in our lesson plan, when really we should have been and could have been focusing on the fact that she is a Daughter of God and that there is a God. I'm not really sure what we are going to do now, but my teachers have given us some really good advice about where to go with her. The hardest part about being here has been teaching Maria..but I know we can get through to her. The language is actually coming along really well. The second day I was here we taught our very first lesson in spanish and my comp and I literally wrote out word-for-word in spanish what we were going to say because neither of us had any idea how to teach a lesson in a different language. Now, 4 weeks later, my comp and I pray and ask for guidance in what we should teach our investigators, find some scriptures to back up our knowledge and then go in and teach 30-45 min lessons all in spanish. I'm definitely not saying that I can SPEAK spanish like it's my first language, but I can TEACH lessons in Spanish like it's my first language...and do you wanna know why? The Holy Ghost makes up the difference. Missionaries are taught to teach by the power of the spirit not only in words but in actions and I know without a doubt that without the spirit in our lessons, none of our investigators would be progressing because my comp and I wouldn't know how to communicate anything meaningful! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!!

Yesterday I auditioned to sing in one of the devotionals that we have here every tuesday and sunday nights. The presidency here told me they loved my song and they want to wait and schedule me for a Sunday Night devotional when a General Authority comes! HOW COOL IS THAT!!! I'm so nervous now, but what an honor and what a compliment it is that they want me to sing during a General Authority devotional. I think i'm going to practice every day just so I KNOW I won't mess up! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and best of luck next week! Remember...Be on the wall like Samuel the Lamanite and never forget 'La Lucha es Real"!

Buenos Suerte, Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment