Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Monday, April 13, 2015

Dreaming in SPANISH!!!

Hola Mundo!

Wow!!! This has been the busiest week and fastest week of my life but so awesome! Our goal this whole was to get as many of our investigators to at least one conference session. Out of all of our progressing investigators only one came...I was very dissapponted. It was kinda hard because we watched conference in a chapel in guanunca which is about a 15 minute taxi ride from my area and is super expensive for pretty much everyone in my area. It was hard to get them to come when they need the money to buy their food and what not for the week. The one women that did come with us lives about one block from our church building here in Matagalpa and we found her on wednesday. Her name is Johanna and this woman is the coolest lady I have ever met! She has the cutest personality and makes you smile every time she speaks. She told us when we found her that she has been to church about 4 times with a friend but no one ever sent the missionaries to her house. She kept asking her friend but she never told any of the missionaries to visit her. She told us she had been praying for the us to be guided by the spirit to find her because she couldn't find us! It's such a miracle that we showed up to her house! She told us our first lesson with her that she wants to be baptized as soon as possible and we just explained to her that that was our purpose as missionaries, to prepare her for her baptism. She is going to be baptized this weekend either on saturday or sunday before church and I think we are gonna baptize her brother too. The only problem with him is that he can't hear or speak so we aren't really sure how to teach him, but Johanna and her brother both came to conference with us sunday morning in Guanunca and they stayed for a baptism that the Elders in our district had! That really animated her and she has been calling us multiple times a day now making sure we didn't forget about her and her baptism this weekend! She is seriously so hillarious! I love her with all my heart! In total we have 6 of our investigators getting baptized this week and I am so excited! We have a lot of work to do to make sure they are all ready...but it's going to be great! Monica is finally getting BAPTIZED this week and I could not be more happy! She finally ditched her boyfriend and found a job that alows her to work from her house! Her brother is also getting baptized with her! Just goes to show what can happen with fe in the Lord! I loved conference and I loved how it focused a lot on families! It was also really fun to watch in spanish! I am not going to lie...my brain hurt a lot this weekend trying to understand word for word what our Apostles and Prophet were saying because I love conference so much and I didn't want to miss something...but I had to give myslef a brake...I mean I have only been here 6 weeks now...my spanish isn't perfect and I don't understand everything, but I can speak in lessons and share my testimony so that's most important right! I love this Gospel so much! I love this country, I love these people and most importanatly I love my savior! There are so many times when I am hiking up and down mountains in the heat, just wondering why I put myself in this situation. Why I left my family and the comforts of my home to sweat all day long, learn a language and learn how to be an effective missionary all at the same time...but then... I think of my savior Jesus Christ and what he did. He sacrficed so much for me, he knows what I am going through and what I will go through and that keeps me going! He suffered for the sins and pains of the world! I am pretty sure...no I am 100% postitive that I can continue to work my hardest everyday here in Nicaragua!

Our water still does not work in my area so yes...I still shower with a little bucket. Apparently it won't start working for about another month, but its ok! I mean how many people get to say that they served a mission in Nicaragua and got to shower every morning with a tiny buicket of water... I DO!!! It's awesome! We are having some bug problems in my house lately so hopefully it won't get worse. My worst nightmare came true a couple nights ago though...Prepare yourselves for this people! Thursday night we get home at 930 like always to plan for the next day...I kneel down with my comp to pray before we plan and look over to my right because I saw something out of the corner of my eye crwling in the corner. I look over and there is a HUGE FREAKING TORANTULA CRAWLING UP THE WALL OF MY HOUSE!!!! I thought I was gonna cry! For all those that know me I don't handle bugs very well and I especially don't handle huge torantulas crwaling up the wall! long story short I made my comp kill it because I couldn't even be in the same room as that thing! It was aweful! It's ok though because how many people get to say they found a toratula crawling up the wall of their hoome...I DO! Saturday night I also had my first dream in spanish! I woke up more tired than I was when I went to bed but congrats to all those who don't think you can speak spanish because you can now! Anyways I am doing really well and I am learning more and more everyday! I feel you love and support for me everyday and I am so grateful for all of you back home cheering me on! I love being a missionary! I promised my Heavenly Father before I came to this earth that I would help establish the cause of Zion. That I would help bring his lost sheep back to his fold and that is what I intend to do. I love this Gospel so much and I know this is where I need to be in my life! These next 15 months are going to be the best I just know it!

Hermana Dickey

Ps. Mom I got the package you sent on tuesday night! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You guys know me so well. Reese's, Nutella, Lucky charms, clothes and that super awesome quote book with letters in it! I love quotes so much and I cried like a baby reading your sweet letters! I read them every night! I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment