Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Hey Folks! I hope you all had a super Tuanis week! Mine was so awesome and I can't wait to see what this week has in store! I love my new area so much! When I got here my companion gave me a little run down of some problems it had but we buckled down and worked extra hard and saw so many miracles! My companion Hermana Alvarez is also so amazing! She is not only a super hard worker but is so nice to everyone. We get along really well and I am just hoping and praying that we don't get changed...EVER! 

So we saw some pretty awesome miracles this week and one of those was the baptism of Walter. This man used to be a drunk on the street corners...but had the desire to change his life and put his trust in the Lord. He was originally on date to be baptized on the 18th but when we went to our lesson with him on wednesday the spirit was so strong in that lesson and my companion and I both felt impressed to change his date and ask him if he wanted to be baptized on saturday. With out any hesitation he said "YES"! So we brought the elders to do his interview the next day and on saturday he was baptized. Hermano Walter...A drunk on the street stumbling out of every bar he could find, is now a clean, edified priesthood holder. It was a true testimony to me and still is that you never judge what you see on the outside. Best Day Ever!

In other news...We have a family that we are teaching named familia Menezes and they are so great! They are super postive and we have them on date for the 24th of this month. On thursday we walked out to their home to visit them and they had there grandchildren over there for a visit. They have a little 2 year old grandson named Darwincito who is litterally so adorable. Everytime I see him he looks like he just finished playing in the mud...which sometimes is true...but to me it doesn't matter because he is just so darn cute. As we visited with the family out on their patio we had a great lesson and finished with a prayer. I closed my eyes and offered the prayer. When I finished and opened my eyes I look up and all I see is this GIANT chicken in my face! It didn't scare me at all but I was not expecting it! And do you know you had that chicken wrapped up in his arms...Darwincito! That thing was literally as big as he was and he was carying the pòor thing around like it was a teddy bear! It was so funny! Don't worry I have pictures! I love being a missionary so much! It hurts to think that some day...soon...I will have to take my black name tag off for the last time, that there will never be another Hermana Dickey in my family again...but I plan on making the most of it! I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment