Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hey Everyone!!! I hope this week was yet another successfull week for all...and that you have been stuffed from Thanksgiving! Although I didn't get my traditional Thanksgiving meal this year...I did get some very well made Gallo pinto so I'd say it was a successfull holiday! This week was WAY better for me because I felt so much better. Turns out I got a little parasite from the water, but nothing a little medication can't cure right!?! My companion Hermana Gabriel and I had a lot of success this week and the month of December is looking like we are going to have a Christmas Miracle. We have so many people who have just been really prepared by the Lord and I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for all of them.
So we live next door to a sweet little lady who happens to be our land lord, and she has a Parrot named Martha who stays outside our front door. Every morning at around 615 or 630 she starts talking, singing, whistling...whatever it may be, so we really don't even need to set an alarm, but we do anyways. She is a very smart little bird and REALLY loves to talk and sing. The other day my companion and I were singing a hymn and all of the sudden martha started singing along. When we would stop she ould stop and when we would start she would start. It was so funny. Also if you tell her she is beautiful she will tell you your a lier! HAHA! It is so funny but we have fun with her. The other day my companion asked her if she was going to come to church with us on sunday and she said yes! Ummm does that count in the numbers as someone comitted to church? I don't think so Haha! But hey it just goes to show that if you can get a parrot to commit to church you can get anyone to commit to coming to church with you! All in all this was a great week and I am really loving being a missionary. Waking up and puting on my missionary tag everyday always fills my heart with joy because there is nothing more rewarding in my life than being a missionary. I hope you all have a great and safe week!
Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment