Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hey Everyone! I hope it was a great week and that you aren't popsicles yet! In case anyone was wondering...I'm not! Haha!

So this week was an intersting one. To start off...We caught the mouse!!! We got home from writing last monday and there it was, stuck to the sticky paper trap that we had put out. My comp and I were standing from a distance laughing and jumping up and down that we had finally caught the dumb thing...but then almost at the same time we stopped and looked at eachother "Now what"! Haha! We caught it but now didn't know what to do with it or how to kill it. Our dueƱa next door was home so we told her we had caught a mouse in our house but didn't know what to do with it. She just chuckled, handed be a big long stick and said "Here sister dickey this should be hard enough with a little bit of force to squish it". I reached out to grab the stick with a deer in the headlights kind of look on my face because I could not believe that I was going to have to squish this mouse with a big long piece of wood. I can do it if its a cocroach or a scorpion or some type of creepy crawly, but for me hitting a mouse with a piece of wood just seemed so wrong...but I also didn't want that thing coming back to my house so the deed had to be done. We grabbed a broom and swept the paper with the mouse stuck to it out into the road, I turned my head to the side and hit that thing as hard as I could! NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO THAT!!!! Next time I am making Hermana Landaverde do it! But that's if there is a next time, hopefully there won't be.

I am sad to report but, our little family that we had been teaching and that was supposed to get married and baptized on saturday...didn't follow through. It is a long very sad story that I won't get into, but the way I like to look at it is that we planted the seed. They know who and what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is and they know the meaning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Who knows, maybe in a few months we can go back and see how they are doing. Anyways I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment