Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hola Mundo!!! I hope everyone had a great week and ready for another awesome one! To be completely honest nothing to exciting happened to me this week. My companion and i have almost everything ready for the wedding and baptism of Luisa and Wilian. We just need to take a few more papers to have signed and then we wait until Saturday! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Eternal Family 2017 here we come!! Seriously people this family is so cute! We passed for them on Friday and Luisa was just getting back from her doctors appt where she was supposed to find out if she was having a boy or a girl. We show up and she just had this huge smile on her face. We asked her what happened and why she had a sort of creepy smile on her face and she just wraps her arms around my companion and I and says " Hermanas I am having a boy"!!!! She has been hoping it was a boy so she is super excited! They don't have a name picked out yet so my companion and I call him Juancito. Sounds like a pretty legit name to me right?

So concerning the title of this lovely email...I have pretty much gotten used to the cokroaches and the scorpions in my shower (believe it or not)...but this week we discovered something else that decided to make itself nice and comfortable in our house as well. Wednesday morning 8:15am. Hermana Dickey was deep into her personal study, reading in the Book of Mormon and recieving personal revelation...when out of the corner of her eye she sees something...but what wasit? She stops reading and looks over in the corner of the room where she had thought to have seen this mysterious creature. With one look and one big yell "Compa"!!!! 2 mice go scurying across the room and underneath my companions suitcase! We both immediately grab the broom and jump on our beds. These mice were nowhere to be found. I could not beleive that there were mice in my house!! To this day they are still there! We put about 4 traps out around our tiny little house but hav not caught one single mouse yet! I don't know how they are getting in or from where...but there is no where for them to go and nothing for them to eat because Hermana Dickey DOES NOT live in a messy,dirty home. In fact the other day our dueƱa came over to give us our rental reciet and she walked into our house and asked us who we had come clean our home because it is always so clean. I told her I was the one that cleans it...she didn't belaive me but I don't tell lies! So these mice are either going down by death by trap or death by hunger! I will keep ya'll updated! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hermana Dickey

Soy Nica...
When you come home at night thinking that day you got even more tan...and then you come out of the shower about 5 shades lighter...ummm my area is mostly dirt! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment