Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What a week!!! I officially had my last full week in the MTC and it was so crazy! There were so many things we had to finish up and so much more to learn! Yesterday we had In-field Orientation which lasted all day, but it was really great! It was just a basic summary of what we have learned in the MTC about how to be effective Missionaries and preach the Gospel effectively! My next few days will consist of packing and possibly stressing haha! It seemed like it was just yesterday that I was dropped off at the curb of the MTC and now I'm leaving to go to a foreign place speaking a language I don't completely understand yet! Ahhhhhh! I can't wait to leave though because I have such a strong testimony of this Gospel now more than I ever have before and I want, so badly, to share such a wonderful message with others who need to know the truth! Thank you all for your Love and Support! I feel your love and I am blessed because of your prays! The next time I send an email it will be from the mission field! I am so excited! I did get the opportunity to sing last Sunday and we were supposed to have a General Authority come but the plans fell through. Instead I got to sing in Relief Society for all of the Sisters in the MTC including missionaries, staff and Branch presidency wives! It was so much fun and It was a great blessing for me to share the Gospel and help people feel the spirit through music! I had a really cool experience after relief society meeting was over and it made me so happy! Lunch is always after Relief Society on sundays so after the meeting I walked with my district to got get some lunch. As I was walking I noticed this sister sitting at a table by herself just crying and she was just staring me down as I walked by, so I decided to stop and say hi and talk to her! I sat down and gave her a big hug and asked her if she was ok. She proceeded to tell me that I just saved her! I was a little confused by that so I asked her why she said that! She said..." I literally have all of my things packed and ready to go home tomorrow (monday) morning." She said " I have been here for 6 weeks and I am supposed to be leaving to go to Cambodia on Tuesday, but I feel inadequate to be a missionary and I didn't feel like I had any purpose to be here!" She kept crying and told me that She had been praying so hard to know if she should stay or if she was making the right decision in leaving and going home! She told me that the words to the song I sang and the way I brought the spirit with my song changed her whole perspective on her purpose here and that she knew this is where she needed to be! How amazing is that!! I had prayed before I got up to sing that I would touch at least one person with the message that my song had and I prayed that I would help people feel the spirit! I am so grateful for moments like these because it is the small and simple things that can help your testimonies grow so much! It is the tender mercies of the Lord and through His spirit that help us grow more significantly! I am so grateful and so honored to be a missionary! There is no greater work than this and I hope and pray for all those who are trying to decide whether or not to serve a mission because my advice to those people is...GO!!! I was once of those people who was on the fence about serving or not serving and I am SO GLAD I am here! This is where I need to be and there is no greater priviledge than serving the Lord! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I pray for all you and always remember that the Lord is on your side in all things...you just have to pay attention!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment