Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Monday, May 4, 2015

Hola Mundo!

What a week! This past week was really great and super busy as always. This weekend we are marrying and baptizing our family of 5 that we found about 3 weeks ago. Their wedding is this saturday and then their whole family is getting baptized right after the wedding...accept for their one year old baby of course, They are all super excited and so am I! My goal for the mission is to see a family that I baptized get sealed in the temple so hopefully a couple years from now I will be coming back and going to the temple with a family in Honduras to see them get sealed! Or for that matter the temple here right?;) Anyways the title of my email does have a purpose. This week we stopped by to teach our family and secure the plans for their wedding and the dad, Alan, decided he had a story to tell us and something to show for it. He continued to tell us a story about how he was really sick once and didn't know why. Turned out he had 71 kidney stones in his body that he had to pass...and he kept them all...in a jar...on his desk by his bed. He opened the jar and showed us and I thought I was going to throw up! It was so funny though! We were all just laughing! I seriously love this family with my whole heart! 
I am super excited to hear there will be a Chick-fil-a in Happy Valley! You all have no idea! I know the first place I'm going when I get home that's for sure! My cita de comida Blankita thinks I am too skinny so she always gives me more food than everyone else for lunch! I think I am gonna die! Haha! You can only eat so much rice and beans...I tried to tell her that but she is super stubborn so mom and dad...if I come home fat...blame it on Blankita! This week we have interviews with our mission president and certification so that should be interesting. At least my interview with president this time will be more productive than the last time because last time I didn't know anything the man was saying! I know WAY more spanish now! In 3 weeks we are having a meeting in Managua because another member of the 70 is coming. President asked me to put together a choir so i did. We will be singing "Una Luz sobre Monte" (Light on a hill by jenny phillips). It sounds so cool! Also my comp and I were informed this morning that out of the 110 companionships in the mission...Hermana Drollinger and I are number 3 in the whole mission. WE have been working really hard so we are super excited! Anyways I hope everyone has a great week this week and Happy Mothers day to you cute little moms out there! Te quiero todo!

We taught some people here how to make pizza! It was great!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment