Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I hope she's sleeping?

Another week has come and gone folks and I can not believe it! I have 1 whole year left in the mission and that is literally freaking me out! It was almost a year ago when I opened my call...Before I know it I will be on an airplane coming home. If my first 6 months has gone by this fast I can only imagina how fast the next ones will go!
So to catch you up on the life of Hermana Dickey... My companion Hermana Nicholls has been sick this week so Tuesday we were in the house almost all day. That was really tough for me because first of all it was VERY boring and second of all I wanted to be out teaching. She needed that day to feel better though and she did. Wednesday President Collado and Hermana Collado came to our house so that Hermana Collado could inspect it and so Preidente could have interviews with us. The Interviews went great and Hermana Collado was very pleased at how clean our house was...but she wants us to find a better house to live in because our house right now is VERY small and she thinks we could find something better. So needless to say we will be house hunting this week as we work. We have aleady found a couple possibilities, but I have to go see what the houses look like on the inside first befor I committ to anything. We will see.
So miracle of the week! Saturday we were supposed to baptize a mother and her daughter...but long story short it fell through. I felt really bad because my comp was really looking forward to her first baptism...BUT...that gave us more time to contact and find some new people. I decided to go to an area we hadn`t really contacted much and see if we could find some really cool people there. People who have been prepared by the Lord to listen to the Missionaries. After yelling "Buenas" (ecause you don`t knock on doors here) at a million doors, talking to every peson we walked past in the street and even running away from crazy, mean dogs...we finally found "The chosen ones". We found A woman named Vanessa and her family. Turns out that the family had just moved back to Nicaragua about 2 months ago from Florida and most of the family speaks perfect English! We taught them a lesson on sunday night with our Ward Mission leader Lehi, who also speaks English, and Vanessa loved what we had to teach! Hermana Nicholls gave a really powerful testimony in English and it was a great lesson! She is very excited to keep visiting with us and she told us she had been praying ever since she had mover back here to Nicaraga that she could find people who speak English for her son becuase her son was born in the states and learned English before spanish! She said he was sad that he couldn`t speak english with anyone anymore! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways!
Another great story of this week! My companion and I had planned to go visit a less avtive woman in our area who just turned 95 years old and who is confounded to a wheel chair. Everyday she sits in her doorway smiling at people who walk by, talking to people who take the time to visit her, and sleeps. Well this particular we decided to visit her around 3. When we passed by to talk to her we found her sitting in her doorway, head tilted all the back, mouth open...Totally knocked out. My comp and I just walked away slowly and as we did my companion said "I hope shes not dead"!! She was generally concerned for this 95 year old woman and it was so funny! I laughed for so long!! The things you experience on the mission! Haha! All in all this week was a successfull week even though our baptism fell. I love this Gospel so much and I am so grateful for the priviledge I have to be a missionary. Something I told my companion the other day because she asked me how I am always so positive and so happy all the time...I told her that, If you can learn to give your whole being over to the service of the Lord, to truly give to him all that you are and all that you want to be...he will bless you beyond measue and you will see so many more miracles. That is not an easy lesson to learn but I can truly testify because I have experienced it. If we can all learn to trust in the Lord...to turn ourselves over to him...he will make weak things become strong and her will bear us up...help us rise to our potential and he will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that we will not have room enough to recieve them. I love this Gospel and more importantly I love the Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful the Atonement and through it we all have to chance to repent and come unto Him. I hope you all have a great week! 

Love Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment