Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hola Mundo!!

Well this week ended up being very successful! We found a house to live...well maybe, we contacted as many people as we could and now have a ton of people progressing, AND, we baptized a super cute 12 year old girl named Emily yesterday before church! So I would say it was pretty great!

Saturday was supposed to be the Baptism of Emily but when we went by for her with the Elders on thursday to have her interview she wasn't home. So we went back by on friday to talk to her and she was home...but her mom talked to us and explained to us that she didn't feel Emily was ready and needed to wait a little longer. I left the lesson very sad that day because Emily has been going to church for months and also seminary. She was so ready but obviously we have to have permission from the parents before we could baptize her. So her date passed on sayurday...but saturday we brought the Elders with us to talk to the mom and needless to say...thanks to the spirit in the lesson...Emilys mom finally said yes and we baptized her on Sunday before sacrament meeting and THE ENTIE WARD WAS THERE!!! I have never seen a baptism attendance like that since I have started my mission! It was so great!

On thursday my comp (who is literally the best companion I could have asked for) and I were walking around contacting and we decided to talk to this old woman that was sitting in a rocking chair in her doorway. I started asking questions to get to know her. One of them was who she lived with in her home. She answered and said..."I am 96 years old and I live by myself...AND I can even see without glasses"!!! I wanted to laugh so hard because she said that she could see without glasses with so much pride and confidence! She is literally adorable! Needless to say I am a little ashamed that I am almost 20 years old and already have glasses. We have another appointment with her tomorrow so we will see what happens! 

In other news...I am doing really geat and I LOVE my new companion! We work great together and I am almost positive that this girl came pre-trained! She has no fear to just try and speak what she knows...we also have so much fun together! It is very rare when one of us isn´t cracking a joke or laughing at something. Honestly we are having so much more success because we are making the work fun too! So I am not sure if you all remember but about 2 months ago President asked me to put together a choir of 50 missionaries between the North mission and the South Mission for a meeting we will be having at the end of August. Well I now have all of the missionaries to sing and the music picked out...but we only get the 2 mondays before the meeting to practice and that makes me a littlw nervous...but I am sure it will all work out! I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the last few weeks of summer vacation!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment