Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hey folks! I hope this has been a great week for all of you! This past week was pretty great for me and just a little less hot...but not a lot! On saturday we were going to have the baptism of Thelma...but when we showed up to her house saturday afternoon to help her get to the church...she wasn't home. Her daughter was home and told us friday night she got really sick and was in the hospital. I just wanted to cry becuase she was so excited to be baptized. I really just don't like satan at all! We have gone back to her house a few times since then to see if she came home yet but she is still in the hospital. Not really sure what happened to her but I am just hoping everything is ok!

Story time!! On wednesday afternoon my companion and I were walking up and down the streets contacting people in their homes, trying to find some new people who were really prepared and ready to accept the Gospel. We were walking and walking and not having much success when a man...large in stature for lack of a better term, walks up to us and tells us right there in the street to teach him something about the Gospel. So of course we sat down on some concrete blocks with him in the middle of the street and started teaching him lesson one right there. We sang a hymn and prayed too! Everything was going really well and he was SUPER positive. I was feeling really good about the whole thing and he had some very good questions. We finished the lesson and I left him with a lesson 1 pamphlet. Right before we got up to leave he asked me to remind him of my name. I told him my name was Hermana Dickey and I wrote my name and Hermana Nicholls name on the back of his pamphlet. He thanked us and put his hand out for us to shake it before we left. My comp shook his hand and turned to walk away...then I shook his hand and he proceded to not only shake my hand...but kiss my hand also and profess his love for me...soooo ya that happened. Not really sure what we are gonna do with him at this point because he has potential...but we will see! All I know is we will be brining a member with us next time! Haha! 

Another funny story that happened this morning! We got on the bus to travel to Altacracia to have our first choir practice for the meeting we will be having at the end of this month. We got on route 163 at 6 in the morning to get there a little early so I cold practice with the pianist a little. So there we are...two sister missionaries sitting on an insanely full bus...when a man with a squirrel on his shoulder gets on and sits in the seat infront of us! Ummmm excuse me sir is that your pet? The thing had a collar on and everything...and a name tag! Just when you think you have seen it all! Haha! I love this country!!

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I know this is where I need to be and the time is passing by so quick. I love this Gospel with my whole heart and I know it is true...without any doubt. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet chosen of God and I know that it is only through our Savior Jesuus Christ that we can repent of our sins, to be clean to return to live with our Father in Heaven again! I hope everyone has a great week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment