Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hey everyone I hope this was a great week for all of you! It was a good one for me! I am pretty much tired of sweating...but hey...things could be worse! So on Saturday we had a baptism of an amazing lady named Wendy! We found her about 3 weeks ago and she just accepted the Gospel so quickly! The second lesson we had with her she told us she knew the church was true because of the parts of the Book of Mormon she read and because she accepted our invitation and prayed about it! It truely is the spirit that converts people! This week comin up we have a couple more baptisms as well and I am VERY excited! They will be on friday though because saturday is FINALLY the meeting we have all been waiting for! President Nelson from the Quorum of the twelve Apostles is coming to speak to all of the missionaries in the entire country of Nicaragua! I don't know why...I am secretly hoping it is because he is going to announce a temple here...but who knows! That would be amazing! But anyways...I am leading a choir of about 45 missionaries infront of President Nelson and while I am both excited and very happy...I am so nervous! More nervous than I have ever been in my whole life! The choir is going to be really good though! Today we had our last ensayo and it went really well! President Collado and President Russel from the south mission came to hear it and make sure everything was set up and they both LOVED it so hopefully President Nelson will too! Saturday could not come fast enough! Anyways thats all the exciting news I have! This week during my studies I found this quote in Preach my Gospel that says "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the Gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." (Boyd K. Packer) How true that is! The more we learn the Doctrine of Christ, the Doctrine of the the Gospel our behavior, attitudes and understanding will improve and be strengthened quicker and more effectively.

I hope everyone has a great week this week!

Hermana Dickey

P.s...I really hate cocroaches

No comments:

Post a Comment