Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Friday, September 11, 2015

COCKROACHES..... Again!

I will NEVER get used to big bugs!!! When I sent in my mission papers and everyone asked me where I thought I would go or even where I wanted to go...my response was always...just somewhere where there aren't big bugs!!! Well then I got sent to Nicaragua and saw a cocroach for the first time and thought...ok this is just Heavenly Father helping me overcome my fear of big bugs since I kinda have no choice but to live with it...well folks I don't think Hermana Dickey will EVER accept big bugs EVER!!! I can't even kill them!

The other day my companion and I got home at 9:30 super tired and just ready to go to bed! We planned and talked about what went well in the day and what we can work more on and then we finished and I was still swaeting my brains out...even at 9:30 at night...so before bed  I thought I would take a shower because hot water does not exsist here! So I pull back the curtain of the shower to make sure there were no bugs crawling around on the walls or the floor before I got in...to my luck there was nothing there. So I proceed to take my nice cold shower. No sooner did I put shampoo in my hair I look dwn before I rinse it out and see a HUGE cocroach climbing up the wall! I pulled back the curtain, grabbed my towel and ran out of the bathroom faster than I ever ran any of my track races! The whole time screaming and still soaking wet with shampoo still in my hair! My comp just starts cracking up and there I am dripping wet! I told her she had to go kill it because I could not do it! She grabbed her shoe...pulled back the curtain and all I hear her say...WOW that is HUGE!!! and then...WHACK!!! And that was that! I continued to shower but I just have a fear everytime I pull back that dumb shower curtain now! I know I sound like a total wimp people...but I just can not handle big bugs!

Anyways this week was pretty good! We lost a few of some really cool investigadors which made me very sad and quite frankly dissappointed...but that happens and you just have to keep finding those who the Lord has prepared for you! I got to work with one of the AP's on saturday and It was so great! I learned a lot from her and I am really excited to put in practice some of the things I learned! I love this Gospel with my whole heart! There is no doubt that this is the true Gospel of Jesuscristo and everytime I get to share my testimony of His love and His atoning sacrifice I feel my faith growing and getting stronger and stronger. You all know the Primary song...A wise man biult his house upon a rock...I think of that song a lot and how it is related to missionary work. If we can begin with a sure foundation on the rock of salvation we will NEVER come tumbling down because of our trust and our faith in Him!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment