Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Monday, October 19, 2015

Hello everyone!!!
First of all...It was VERY wierd to be in an airplane! I didn't think that would be happening in my life again until July!

So I just landed back here in Managua about 3 hours ago and let me just tell you...Puerto Cabezas is not only a very blessed place, but it is nothing like you have EVER seen before!!! The people there may be poor but they are very sweet and very humble! Mikito is also a very intersting language! We got to Puerto on Saturday around 1 and ate lunch and then afterwards President started interviews and we started checking peoples area books, agendas, cell phones... all of it! Then sunday we woke up and started getting people ready for church. I worked with the Hermanas in a area called Lamlaya and for them every sunday they have a special sacrament meeting for people wjo live far away. So at 9 we gathered people together and braoght them to the huse of a member. The houses there are set up on stilts up off the ground because it rains a lot, so we blessed and took the sacrament and had sacrament meeting underneath the house of one of the members AND the whole meeting was in Mikito...right down to the hymns we sang!! I didn't understand hardly any of it but It was cool to listen too. It was a HUGE testimony to me that no matter who you are, where you are or what language you speak, the sacrament can still be just as sagrado and the spirit can be felt just as strong...if not stronger. When we woke up on sunday morning it was POURING RAIN so I had to use these pretty awesome, giant rain boots...but they saved my fet from a lot of mud/sand! Also...we brought back the whole shower with a bucket experience so that brought back lots of memories...wether they be good or bad! Haha! All in al it was a great experience and I would give anything to have a few changes there! Maybe someday it will happe.! This morning we woke up and I helped the heremanas I was staying with clean their house and then we left and took some pictures down on the beach close to their house and then headed to the airport! It was so amazing!

This week we have a couple of baptisms linded up and only a couple meetings on tuesday and wednesday! I am super happy we have more time in our area this week! I am so lucky to be a missionary! I would not want to be doing anything else in my life than sharing the true gospel of Jesus Christ with those who don't know or even with those who need a reminder! I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week!

P.s. Here is a little Miskito for ya I learned! To say We are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints in Miskito is Yang Nani misionera sna Jesus Kraist Prias Ka watla. pretty cool huh!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment