Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Monday, October 19, 2015

Hey everyone I hope you all had a wonderful week!!

This week for me was a little bit crazy, but I think I will just have to get used to that! We were actuallu able to work in our area a lot more this week which was really nice! All I have to say though is thank goodness for our ward mission leader for keeping up with our investigators for us when we aren't in the area...or we would be dieing. He sends members to visit our investigators for us or he will go himself and visit them...it is SO helpful. On wednesday I went on divisions here in Managua with some sisters and then Thursday morning we finished divisions, I went back to my house and put some clean clothes in my bag and headed to Leon which is about a 3 hour bus ride from managua and did divisions with the Hermanas there! It was really fun but man by the time I got home yesterday I was ready for a nap...but we all know that didn't happen! I am just really looking forward to P-day tomorrow!

This weekend on saturday we have a conference with the North and the South mission and Elder Snow from the 70 is coming! I am super excited and quite honestly very blessed that I have gotten to listen to so many general authorties since I have been on my mission. There will be a choir of course...and guess who is in charge of it again...YEP that's right...me! I thought maybe President would ask someone else since I have other things I have to do know...but he didn't. So tomorow is our one and only practice and I think it will go ok. We are going to sing "Yo se que vive mi seƱor" (I know that my redeemer lives) so it should be pretty easy for everyone in the choir to learn.

So far I am really loving the mission! I am really amazed at how fast the time is going and I don't want to waist a minute of what time I have left. I have learned the importance of just opening your mouth and sharing the gospel. There is a quote by Elder Holland that says how we should not be ashamed to talk and share the gospel with everyone..because really we have nothing to lose! I know this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyday my testimony and faith grows stonger and it is something I will carry for the rest of my life...not just something that will sustain me for the next 9 months of my mission. I know that as we trust in him and always stay on the staight and narrow path...biuld our foundation on the Gospel, we can not fall! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hermana Dickey

P.s Mom I got my birthday package...but with all my strength that I had...I did not oepn it! I can wait for a couple more weeks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment