Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hey everyone I hope it was yet another great week for everyone! I hear that the weather at home is not to great..but just a little pick me up for all of you at home who are tired of the rain...it is currently 100 degrees with 90% humidity...I would take the rain any day! This week also starts the hottest week of the year...the week of Semana Santa! I really don't understand why this week always is so hot but I remember last year dying at this time too!

So quick update on my life... Gissell and Yerson got baptized!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! It was such a great weekend. Friday afternoon Gissell was baptized by her boyfriend (who is in the mission) and the service was so amazing! We prepared a video to share after the ordinance and the spirit was really strong. Then on Saturday evening Yerson got baptized by his cousin and that too was just as amazing! I am so grateful for the miracles that were worked in helping these two young people enter into the waters of baptism. It is always so amazing to me how such young people have the desire to follow their savior Jesus Christ.

This week is going to be a great one I just know it! We found some really cool people last week that I am really excited to go and teach. In fact we found a super cute family! The Quiroz Family! They are a little family of 5 who are seriously another miracle. The day we found them was a day when my companion and I really put our faith to the test. That morning of during our final planning session my companion and I decided that we were going to find a chosen family that day. We both came up with about 3 different parts of our area that we could go contact and decided that in one of those 3 places we were going to find that family of 5. We then kneeled down and asked Heavenly Father which area had the family of 5 prepared for us. We finished the prayer and my companion and I both felt we needed to go to an area where we went almost everyday and try there. It was kind of wierd that that is what we had felt because we were always there, but we followed the promptings of the spirit. That day we went to the Rotunda and just started walking down the street with hearts and minds open to the promptings of the spirit when all of the sudden this little tiny inflatable ball rolls out in front of me and I stopped to pick it up. I gave it to the little boy who came chasing after it. The mom and the dad sitting outside in their lawn chairs thanked me and that is when we noticed the two parents and 3 kids all playing outside. We took the opportunity to get to know them and then we taught them. They were SUPER awesome! Tonight we have an appointment with them and I am super excited to see what happens! I love this Gospel so much and I love being a missionary. The longer I have been out the more my purpose as a missionary and as a member of this Gospel has stuck to me! We are here to invite others to come unto christ and to be baptized in His name...not to convince and not to persuade..,to invite and help. I Testify that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, that He lives, That God lives and that someday we will all return to live with him again through faith, love, repentance and obedience. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment