Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hey Everyone! I hope you all had yet another fantastic week and were able to see so many blessings. For me it was a pretty good one. We have really been working hard with Hermano Marlon this week. We saw him on his tricycle on wedensday and he was super excited. He had a huge smile on his face and everything. So we stopped to talk to him and see what all the excitement was about. He said " Hermanas I am on my way to church!" We both knew that there weren't any activities going on at the church that night so we were a little confused. I asked him...in english.."Really where are you headed to?" He was on his way to an evangelical concert thing to sing and worship God. Alright you know that’s cool and all...but don't go and get yourself confused Marlon! I didn't say that to him but I was thinking it. He ended up going every night from wednesday to sunday...but he came to church with us yesterday too so that was great! We are going to have a lesson with him tonight to get some things clarified. We have also found another choice family people! Every time we see them its like a beam of light shines down on them and the choir starts singng the Hallelujah chorus! Super great people! The dad’s name is Pedro Pablo and the wife is Hermana Sujei. They came to church with us yesterday and pedro Pablo is also about halfway through the Book of Mormon now and they are really preparing so they can be married and baptized on the 16th of this month! I am so excited for them!

This week during my personal study in the morning I came across a scripture in 2 Nephi that I REALLY loved and have had in my mind all week. It is found in 2 Nephi 9:18 which says:


" 18 But, behold, the righteousthe saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel,they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the  world, and their joy shall be full forever." 

As I pondered on that scripture it first made me think of Christ and his atoning sacrifice. How he had to carry His own cross, Stumbling, falling, being spit upon and mocked at to what he knew and was to become His sudden death. But everytime He fell He got up and kept going. That to me in and of itself is an example of courage...but reading this scripture helped me put some things into perspective a little more. We, being those that this scripture speaks, the holy ones of israel, have in our own lives endured our own crosses. We face sin, rejection, heartache, and sadness..but we "Despise the shame of it". When we fall we get back up just like He did and by the courage that we have to keep pushing forward we will "inherit the kingdom of God...and their joy shall be full forever." I am so grateful for the Savior and his atoning sacrifice. For His matchless love and great example. Have a wonderful week Everyone!

Love, Hermana Dickey


No comments:

Post a Comment