Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hola Mundo!!

I hope you all had yet another wonderful week and even more importantly a great Easter! Easter here is quite the event I must say but really cool! People here make these float type things with a statue of Jesus on the Cross on them and carry them around the town with a BILLION people following behind them singing! It is actually cool to see but the Mormon missionaries walking around through those crowds get a little more attention than I would like.

So today is monday and we had changes....and you will never guess where I got sent to...MATAGALPA!!!!! WHOOHOO!!! I am so excited! When I got the phone call last night I was so shocked! I don't know if any of you remeber but I started my mission in this Zone and now with only two changes left I will be finishing here. I am also training. My companion is Hermana De Leon from guatemala and she is so amazing...quiet but super cute! We are going to get along just fine! Today I have already seen some people that I got to know really well almost a year ago when I was here and do you know what every single one of them has said...You speak spanish now!! Haha! I may have been a little quiet when I was here a year ago!

Nothing to exciting going on yet...I was sad to leave my golden family behind and the quiroz family...but they are in good hands with my last companion. This week I did get stung by a scorpion..haha! We were helping this cute little old lady move some dirt from one side of her house to the other and as I was kicking some rocks away so I could shovel up some dirt I felt something pinch me on the side of my foot and all I saw was the dumb little tail and stinger of a scorpion stuck into the side of my poor little foot! NOT COOL MAN!!! I called the nurse just to ask her if I should be worried or not..all she asked me was what the color was of the scorpion..it was a little brown one..and told me I would be fine, I would just get really dizzy for a while and boy was she right!!! I am pretty sure I looked like one of the drunk guys that is always walking around on the street corners! It wore off though towards the end of the day and the next day I as good as knew! Good times! I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment