Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Hey everyone I hope it was yet another fantastic week for all! For us it definitely was! I am not going to lie...it started out a little rough but ended on a great note. A Touchdown for the win! Our investigator Jackson got baptized on saturday evening and it was a really great experience for him. Jackson is 16 years old and lives with some members in our branch. His mom passed away about 8 months ago and his dad left when he was about 6...so he has lived with Hermana Clemencia ever since. He is a super great kid and keeps telling us he can't wait till he turns 18 to go on a mission. That makes me very happy every time he says it. Preparing for his baptism though was a little bit interesting. Hence the title of my email. I am the type of person where I like to have everything done planned and done beforehand. These last minute catastrophes trying to get things organized really stresses me out so I always make sure everything is in order beforehand. Well as some of you know...training a new missionary can sometimes be a little stressful because everything can weigh on your shoulders, and when you have a billion things going on in your mind at once, one tends to forget things...right? So my companion and I got everything ready to go on friday. We passed by inviting people, found white clothes for jackson to put on, found a member who could baptize him, found a video to put on for people to watch while Jackson was changing...ect. BUT....guess what I forgot...clothes for the person that would be baptizing him. Didn't remember that crucial part until about 2:30...Jaksons baptism was at 3... So I called our ZLs to ask them if they had some clothes we could borrow. They said yes and told me to meet them at the institute that is close to my area. We booked it there and waited when all of the sudden I get a call from the ZLs, "HERMANA DICKEY!!! LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT!!!" Here is elder Jacobson in the back of a taxi... on a very busy highway with his arm out the window holding white pants and a white shirt. The taxi slows down a tiny bit as I run up and grab the clothes out of his hand and they continue to drive away. Needless to say we made it to the baptism in time and I got one step closer to the hall of fame!

This weekend we have another baptism of Hermano Angel. This time I know I will be fully prepared! I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment