Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hola Mundo!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful week! This week for me was a good one...but another one of those weeks where I asked myself mutiple times how I was able to put one foot infront of the other...or even keep my legs moving! Haha! By the end of the night it gets difficult. But I love it!!!

So you know how I have always gotten frustrated at the fact that people here never let us help them. They will invite us in and let us teach them but when we offer to help them sweep their dirt, wash clothes, feed the parrot...they just say no!!! I hat it because I want to help! Well this week someone finally let us help. A cute sister we are teaching was super busy washing clothes one day and let us help her...my comp and I switched off about every 5 or 6 shirts and we got it done really quick! Go TEAM! Then after we finished this sweet sister says..." Hermana Dickey would you do me a huge favor? I need to feed my baby so would you mind bathing the cat?" Me in my head: ummmm... oh this is not going to turn out well for me! But I wanted to help so I tucked my shirt in super tight to my skirt, grabbed the cat and put her in the pila. There was a giant bucket of water next to and as I reached in with a cup to rinse off the cat I just said a lttle prayer in my heart that we would all come out of this ok...the cat and me. So I reached in with the cup and threw the water and shampoo on that dumb cat as fast as I could and lets just say...my hands now look like they were just shoved into a blackberry bush! Ask me if I will EVER own a cat? JAMAS!!! So we all learned an important lesson that evening...cats should not be bathed!

This week is going to be a great one!! I hope you are all doing well and marching forward with an eye single to the glory of God. I love you!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment