Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, June 9, 2015


          No more rice and beans please!
Well this week has been really great and my comp and I had a lot of success! We committed a lot of our investigators to baptism this week and it's looking like the month of June is going to be a success! I love my new area and I am loving being a trainer...but I am not going to lie it's definitely not easy since I am still trying to figure some things out too...like the language for example! Haha! but I am really grateful for the opportunity because my faith in my Father in Heaven has grown 10 fold since I started this transfer. I chose "no more rice and beans" for the title of my email because literally...I don't know if I will last a whole year eating gallo pinto and chicken every meal. The members here are SUPER nice and always offer us food and pepsi or coke when we visit, but I have gained weight so quick and a hour of running every morning just isn't cutting it! Haha! I have to figure out something to do or none of you will recognize me when I get home! I guess the good thing is I don't ever have to worry about what to eat right? 
Sometimes as the week goes on, as it gets closer to sunday and to p-day, everything seems so much harder and I think it's just because we get tired. My comp had a rough week this week trying to stay motivated and I definitely understood because that's how I was when I first got here. But you just have to keep going and always remember who you are, what you are doing and who you represent. I tried to remind her of that everyday but it didn't seem to help...so I made up a game to play at night to keep her motivated and so that we would work harder. At night when you pass by people or when you contact families you say "Buenas Noches" to get their attention right! Well I told my comp one night that we were going to have a contest to see who could get the most people to talk to us. I told her instead of saying "Buenas Noches" when you pass by someone to say "Vende Coches" (I sell cars). When you say Vende Coches fast it sounds like buenas noches. I told her we were going to see who could get the most people to respond with buenas noches by saying vende coches. Not gonna lie it worked really well and we contacted more people that one night than we ever have any other night.It was also really funny and was motivational for my comp! Sometimes you have to do some crazy things to get the work done! Also this week I told my comp that we are going to focus on contacting people with cars so they have no excuse not to come to church! Haha! We will see how that goes!
So long story short I am doing really well and loving being a missionary! I definitely do not regret the decision I made to come on a mission. Everyday I learn something new and come closer to my Father in Heaven. I am very grateful to live in a house with water and light...and less cocroaches and I am grateful for the rainy season of Nicaragua...it's so much nicer during the day when it rains! I am so grateful for all of you and your support for me. Time is flying by so fast and I plan to make the next 13 months of my mission worth every second! Good luck this week and don't eat to many rice and beans or you'll have to figure out how to lose it just like I am!
Soy Nica....
1) When you are in the middle of inviting someone to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized, when a lizard falls from the cieling onto your lap! Ya I definitely freaked out! I'd like you all to picture that experience in your heads! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment