Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Well this has probably been the craziest week of my mission so far...which is actually saying something since I am going on 5 months in the mission. Tuesday was my first real day of work and training here in Villa Flor and I had no idea what I was doing! I didn't know the area AT ALL and obviously neither did my comp...all I can say is thank goodness for the Area Books and for the wonderful missionaries that were here before me to keep it updated. We worked really hard tuesday and taught so many lessons! People here are very receptive to hear the Gospel...the only challenge is discerning whether they are positive or not. On a daily basis we get about 10 lessons taught which is really good! Our mission president decided to throw a curve ball to all of the missionaries this week...he sent us all a message on wednesday with a list of goals that we had to complete...meaning a goal of how many lessons we taught, how many families we contacted in the street, how many members we brought to lessons...and so on. I was super stressed out when I got the message because I knew if we didn't meet the goals...and more...president was not going to be happy! So I worked harder than I ever have before this week and....we had A LOT of success! President sent me a message last night congratulating me for the work we did this week and it literally made my day! I was stressing out all week! This weekend we have a baptism planned for a family...but they have to be married first so I am really praying hard that all will work out! I know it will!

On tuesday night when my comp and I got home from working all day...we planned and wrote in our journals like we always do and then we got ready for bed. Like always I put my pajamas on, said my prayer and went to bed. My comp on the other hand...she changed out of her "Working skirt" into her "Pajamas skirt"! haha! I told her that we are allowed to wear shorts or something when we go to bed and that we only have to wear our skirts when we go out in public...but she insisted that she always wears a skirt...so needless to say Pajama skirts are the new thing I guess! I literally love her with my whole heart! She is so excited to be a missionary and to work hard! She is a huge example to me and I am grateful for her willingness to put her whole heart and soul into the work of the Lord because it makes it easier on me! 

Villa Flor is AWESOME! I am in the same district as my comp Hermana Humphreys from the MTC which is so awesome because I get to go on divisions with her! The only thing I don't like is that literally every house you go to...they offer you gallopinto and Soda...and when you say no thank you they get really offended! I am going to gain so much weight here! Thank goodness my comp likes to run with me! I am so excited to be a missionary and I know if the mission keeps working as hard as we are...Nicaragua will see a temple really soon! I hope everyone has a great week this week! For all those who are finishing the school year and preparing for finals...SI SE PUEDE!!!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment