Nicaragua Managua North Mission
January 2015 ~ June 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

So this week was so great!!! Well actually to be honest it kind of started out a little rough...but ended with an AWESOME baptism! Saturday afternoon Emily was able to finally be baptized!! She is part of a less active family that we found. When we found them they had not been to church for like a year so we started teaching them the missionary lessons again and they started coming back to church. Their daughter Emily, however, was 9 and had not been baptized so we worked really hard in helping her dad so that he could baptize her. On saturday afternoon Emily got baptized and her dad was able to baptize her. We also put a meta with the family that they can save up enough to be able to go to the temple in Honduras (because there is not a temple in Nicaragua yet) and be sealed to eachother as a family for time and all eternity!!!! WOOHOOO! They have a goal put for December so I will definitely be there for that!

In other news... Matagalpa is AWESOME! Even though my area is literally all hills or should I say mountains..I am getting a good workout and my companion and I are really finding some cool people! We have another golden family that we are working with and they are on date for the 4 of June so we are really looking forward to that one! they just need to get married first! The time is coming rapidly to an end for me so I am trying to make the most of every second. Every second we make decisions and those decsions can lead to a change in someones Eternity. I love being a missionary so much...there is nothing like it or compared to it. Getting to put on that black name tag everyday, share your testimony with people who are looking for something more and for me getting to do all of that wonderful stuff in a foreign language is a blaessing! Also for all those who speak spanish...PLEASE speak to me in spanish when I get home! I am going to miss it a lot! Haha! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hermana Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment